On the ikvm-developers list, Kevin Gilpin suggested to create a list of Java applications and libraries that are compatible with IKVM. This is a great idea. Brian Sletten, who is working on the documentation, offered to collect the list.
So, if you have successfully (or unsuccessfully) run or used any Java application or library (open source or proprietary), please let us know, so it can be added to the list.
In addition to the name and version of the application or library, please supply the following information (not required, but it would be nice, if you have it available):
- Version of IKVM you used.
- Do you want your name and/or e-mail address in the list?
- .NET runtime version used (e.g. MS .NET 1.1 or Mono 0.91).
- Operating System version (e.g. Windows XP or Debian 3.0).
- Whether you used the application/library in static (ikvmc.exe) or dynamic mode (ikvm.exe), or in a mixed scenario.
- Any build issues you encountered.
- Any other compatibility issues you encountered.
Please send your feedback to me or Brian, or leave a comment to this post.
Update: In the comments, Jamie Cansdale asks for unit test results for the application or library. That's a good point. If they are available please report the unit test results as well. The JUnit 3.8.1 command line test runner should work with IKVM (at least for the samples tests run successfully, apart from three failures that result from JUnit trying to use Runtime.exec() to start java.exe).