Class gc support has now been checked in (but is not available in the attached binaries, because they've been built for .NET 2.0). This is somewhat of a milestone snapshot, because it is the first version that no longer requires GNU Classpath to build*. However, please note that AWT / Swing still needs a lot of work.
*What this means is that there is no longer an external dependency on GNU Classpath. There is still GNU Classpath derived code in ikvm's source tree. For example, small parts of AWT and the pure Java implementation of java.util.zip.
- Removed dependency on classpath-0.95-stripped.zip. All AWT / Swing code is now from OpenJDK or in the ikvm codebase.
- Defined NET_4_0 when building on .NET 4.0 to enable conditional code.
- Changed IKVM.Reflection.Emit's ModuleBuilder and AssemblyBuilder to extends Module and Assembly respectively when building on .NET 4.0.
- Added .NET 4.0 fix to IKVM.Reflection.Emit (for the fact that Type now defines == operator).
- Fixed locking for image based Graphics.
- Various changes to remove warnings when building on .NET 4.0.
- Several fixes related to dynamic assemblies.
- Several improvements to better work in partial trust.
- More AWT work.
- Made java.lang.reflect.Field exception messages the same as JDK 6.
- Implemented class gc (for .NET 4.0 builds).
- Added -Xnoclassgc option to ikvm (only meaningful in a .NET 4.0 build).
Binaries available here: ikvmbin-0.41.3440.zip.