I finished all the .NET 4.0 security model changes. If you build from source, you can now (optionally) build on .NET 4.0 and get native .NET 4.0 assemblies that use the new .NET 4.0 security model (and also experimental class gc support). The .NET 2.0 binaries also work on .NET 4.0.
This is probably the final development snapshot before the first 0.44 release candidate and it has been tested more than a typical development snapshot. Please start testing it and, as always, feedback is appreciated.
- Final set of .NET 4.0 security model changes.
- Added "first-pass" build of IKVM.AWT.WinForms.dll and moved "native" AWT code from IKVM.Runtime.dll to IKVM.AWT.WinForms.dll.
- Fixed verifier bug that caused verification errors if "new" string was interned before verifying any code. Thanks to Andrey Malakov for tracking this down.
- Include more parts of tools.jar in IKVM.OpenJDK.Tools.dll.
- Add feature to expand environment variables in system properties specified with -D ikvmc option.
- Added jdk-tools target to openjdk.build to build javac.exe, javah.exe and javap.exe (not included in the default build).
- Added build script to build ikvmdoc.exe (not included in the default build).
- Fixed JNIEnv.DescribeException() (NPE instead of printing the exception).
- IKVM.Reflection: When the user string heap overflows, throw an exception instead of silently creating corrupt image.
- IKVM.Reflection: Fixed .PDB emitter to work with .NET 4.0. Thanks to Jb Evain for the heads up on this.
Binaries available here: ikvmbin-0.43.3817.zip