More progress on the OpenJDK 8 integration and a couple of unrelated fixes.
I fixed an incompatibility with Mono (and other ECMA compliant tools that parse
custom attributes). When I changed package manifest handling in 7.4 to handle
reading the manifest from the right jar I unknowingly chose a custom attribute
encoding that works on the CLR, but isn't actually ECMA compliant. Mono has
since added support
for this encoding.
Another somewhat interesting change is that I added an (internal only) feature to
make it easier to replace sun.misc.Unsafe.compareAndSet() with
Interlocked.CompareExchange. The trigger was the new reflection data caching in
java.lang.Class. Here's an example of what it looks like:
boolean casReflectionData(Class<?> clazz,
The ikvmc compiler will generate a method body that uses
Interlocked.CompareExchange<T>() to update the reflectionData field in Class.
In other places where I previously used Interlocked methods (e.g.
java.util.concurrent.AtomicReferenceArray) I implemented the method body in
map.xml using MSIL instructions, but here the generic version of CompareExchange
is needed and I didn't want to invent a syntax for instantiating a generic
method in map.xml.
Oracle is working on adding atomic operations to Java and I suggested this
annotation based approach, but it was rejected because "we don't add language
semantics through annotations".
- Implemented method parameter reflection.
- Compile class library with javac -parameters option to get parameter names for
abstract and native methods.
- Added (undocumented) -noparameterreflection option ikvmc to disable emitting
method parameter reflection metadata
- Enabled MethodParameter attribute in runtime stub generator.
- Support round tripping malformed MethodParameter attribute in stub generator.
- Fixed PackageListAttribute to be ECMA compliant.
- Added support for defining abstract methods in remap file.
- Implemented sun.nio.ch.Net.poll() native method.
- Replaced sun.misc.Unsafe cas operations in java.lang.Class with
- Replaced AtomicReference[Array].getAndSet() implementations with
Interlocked.Exchange() based implementations.
- Fixed Linux build. Thanks to Joan Karadimov for reporting this.
- Prevent unfocable windows from being activated by mouse click. (Based on patch
by Maria Papendieck of pure-systems.)
- Fixed clipboard access to use the right thread. (Based on patch by Maria
Papendieck of pure-systems.)
- IKVM.Reflection: Added UniverseOptions.DecodeVersionInfoAttributeBlobs to
support decoding CustomAttributeBuilder with blob to extract version info
Binaries available here: