I integrated OpenJDK 8u45, so a new development snapshot is warranted. MethodHandle performance regressed from awful to unusable, so that's something I need to look into.
- Merged OpenJDK 8u45. Special thanks to @mihi42 for helping me with the download.
- Bug fix. Don't enforce canonical UTF8 encoding for class file versions <= 47.
- Added support for "high contrast" desktop property. Inspired by patch from Daniel Zatonyi .
- Handle more text sources for clipboard copy by using an appropriate Reader for the source data. Patch by Daniel Zatonyi .
- Fixed drag-n-drop coordinates. Patch by Daniel Zatonyi .
- Fixed Graphics.clipRect(). Fix by Daniel Zatonyi .
- Bug fix. ReferenceQueue should not keep registered (but not yet enqueued) Reference objects alive.
- Added Unsafe.staticFieldOffset() and Unsafe.staticFieldBase() methods.
- sun.misc.Unsafe: Replaced (broken) TypedReference based field CompareExchange with DynamicMethod based implementation.
- Fixed clone/finalize invocation via MethodHandle.
- Fixed build to allow nasgen to work with 1.8.0_40.
- IKVM.Reflection: Fixed known custom attribute handling. They should be recognized by type name, not type identity.
- IKVM.Reflection: Added Module.__TryGetImplMap() public API to get ImplMap by token.
- IKVM.Reflection: Added new public APIs to help deal with built-in types even when they are not defined in mscorlib: Type.__IsBuiltIn and Universe.GetBuiltInType(string ns, string name).
Binaries available here: ikvmbin-8.1.5638.zip
Sources: ikvmsrc-8.1.5638.zip, openjdk-8u45-b14-stripped.zip