I've checked in all the changes required to split the class library into ten different assemblies. So here is the first snapshot that contains the split binaries.
This means that the -sharedclassloader ikvmc option has been implemented, but it isn't ready for prime time yet, for now I've only focussed on getting the core class library to build with it.
- Split IKVM.OpenJDK.ClassLibrary.dll into ten parts.
- Added -sharedclassloader option to ikvmc.
- Removed some GNU Classpath build leftovers.
- Removed workaround for com.sun.beans.ObjectHandler.classForName2() that hopefully isn't necessary any more.
- Made ikvmc emit a warning whenever it emits code that throws a hard error.
- Fixed ikvmc to detect access to members in another assembly that expose non-public types from that assembly (the CLR doesn't allow this) and generate java.lang.IllegalAccessError (plus warning during compilation) instead of producing invalid code.
- Volker Berlin checked in his first set of changes to replace java.awt.image.BufferedImage with the OpenJDK version.
As always with a development snapshot, don't use this in production, but please do try it out and let me know about it. The sources are available in cvs and the binaries here: ikvmbin-0.39.3280.zip