The first release candidate is available. It can be downloaded here or from NuGet.
What's New (relative to IKVM.NET 7.2):
- Greatly improved support for dynamically loading classes in statically compiled assembly class loaders.
- Changed ikvmc to default to using runtime binding when a class is not available at compile time.
- Fixed ikvmc to use jar class loading that matches the runtime.
- The runtime now projects stub classes into the (virtual file system) jars they came from.
- Runtime stub classes are now generated by the same code as ikvmstub uses.
- Fixed a typo in ikvm.runtime.Startup.addBootClassPathAssembly() method name.
- Fixed memory model bugs on ARM.
- Many bug fixes.
- Improved ikvmc error messages.
- Deprecated using stub classes with ikvmc.
- Added IKVM.Attributes.JavaResourceAttribute to allow .NET resource to be exposed to Java.
- Font API improvements.
- Graphics API improvements.
- Support building IKVM.NET on .NET 4.5, but targetting .NET 4.0.
Changes since previous development snapshot:
- Volatile long/double fields should not use slow reflection.
- Reduce complexity of annotation custom attributes construction to improve performance and lower risk (for broken apps that should have used ReflectionOnly).
- Removed accidentally public methods from ikvm.internal.AnnotationAttributeBase.
- Fixed ikvm.internal.AnnotationAttributeBase to freeze in writeReplace/Equals/GetHashCode/ToString.
Binaries available here: ikvmbin-7.3.4830.0.zip
Sources: ikvmsrc-7.3.4830.0.zip, openjdk-7u6-b24-stripped.zip