It took a little longer than usual, but I finally managed to put together rc1 of IKVM 0.22 based on GNU Classpath 0.19. For the first time, this release also includes binaries built from the GNU Classpath generics branch. Many thanks to Andrew John Hughes for doing the work that makes this possible.
Update japi results are available here.
- Integrated GNU Classpath 0.19
- Fixed bug 1310397.
- Implemented reading package metadata from MANIFEST.MF for ikvmc compiled code.
- Fixed ClassCastException in ExceptionHelper when Throwable instance methods are called on not remapped .NET exception that was caught in non-Java code and passed through a Java exception handler.
- Fixed bug reported in support request 1280333.
- Implemented RemappedTypeWrapper.Finish().
- Implemented wakeup and waiting for empty list in classpath/gnu/java/nio/SelectorImpl.java
- Fixed ikvmc resource compression bug that could cause last couple of bytes to fall off.
- Added a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF to IKVM.GNU.Classpath.dll, so that Class.getPackage() returns the proper info for system classes.
- Relaxed requirements for field and methods names (as per third edition VM specification).
- Fixed runtime not to invoke user class loaders when instantiating an array type.
- Improved weak reference support (improved performance and SoftReferences are not cleared as aggresively as before).
- Fixed ikvmstub regression that caused .NET 2.0 generic types used by exported types not to be exported.
Files are available here: ikvm-0.22.0.0.zip (sources + binaries), ikvmbin-0.22.0.0.zip (binaries), ikvmbin-generics-0.22.0.0.zip (binaries built from generics branch)