A new release candidate based on GNU Classpath 0.20 that was released this weekend. The GNU Classpath progress has been truly amazing. Updated japi results are available here. If no major bugs are found in this rc it will turn into a release, probably by the end of the week or early next week.
Note that while I did a little work to improve compatibility with the .NET Compact Framework, it is not supported and does not work. There is also no commitment from my end to work on this.
- Integrated GNU Classpath 0.20
- Changed nant build files to use NAnt 0.85-rc3 syntax and features
- Removed support for compiling classpath with jikes
- Added support for targetting both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 to the build files
- Removed assembly names from type names in map.xml (to better support targetting a different version of the CLR)
- Added conditional compilation support to map.xml parser (based on target CLR version)
- Changed map.xml Object.hashCode implementation to use RuntimeHelpers.GetHashCode when targetting .NET 2.0 (RuntimeHelpers.GetHashCode is broken on .NET 1.1 and the non-virtual call trick is no longer verifiable on .NET 2.0)
- Added map.xml Object.equals implementation instead of relying on System.Object.Equals.
- Changed map.xml VMSystem.identityHashCode to use RuntimeHelpers.GetHashCode when targetting .NET 2.0
- Hardened VMSystemProperties to work better on the Compact Framework (where several methods are missing)
- Fixed several NIO socket bugs
- Changed FileChannelImpl to work on the Compact Framework (stdin, stdout and stderr are missing on the Compact Framework)
- Hardened VMClassLoader to work better on the Compact Framework
- Changed static compiler to use ReflectionOnly context for loading and generating assemblies (when compiled for .NET 2.0)
- Added conditional compilation #ifs to the runtime to work better on the Compact Framework
- Changed compilation of invokespecial bytecode to be verifiable on .NET 2.0
- Added IKVM.Runtime.Util.GetInstanceTypeFromClass() to go from java.lang.Class to System.Type. Note that due to the object model mapping issues there is no one-to-one correspondence from Class to Type, so this method returns the "instance" type, which is logically equivalent to doing Class.newInstance().GetType().
- Fixed ikvm.exe to give a proper error message when using the -jar option on a jar that doesn't have a manifest or a manifest that doesn't have a Main-Class attribute.
- Added several hacks to ikvmc, ikvmstub and the runtime to support loading assemblies in the ReflectionOnly context.
- Implemented optimization in compiler to remove redundant box/unbox operation is many cases.
- Changed compiler to explicitly implement all inherited interfaces, for compatibility with the Compact Framework.
- Fixed DotNetTypeWrapper.LoadTypeFromLoadedAssemblies to support generic type instantiations.
- Optimized compiler to push/pop only the rightmost requires arguments when doing method argument conversions.
- Implement "this" reference tracking in verifier, to enable code generator to emit more efficient (and verifiable on .NET 2.0) non-virtual base class method calls.
- Optimized compiler to use short encoding when possible for backward branches.
- Removed unnecessary verifier hack branch at the end of methods that don't use exception blocks and used short form of the branch.
- Fixed Math.pow(1.0, Double.INFINITY) result on .NET 2.0.
- Added SourceFileAttribute to module when running in dynamic mode, to enable source file reporting when running on .NET 2.0.
- Changed code generator to leave out redundant branches.
- Fixed infinite recursion in resource loading when SecurityManager is installed.
Files are available here: ikvm-0.24.0.0.zip (sources + binaries), ikvmbin-0.24.0.0.zip (binaries), ikvmbin-generics-0.24.0.0.zip (binaries built from generics branch)